chats?

Suggestions for Toyota CelicaWEB and general comments

Moderator: Rich

furious82
Celica Expert

Post by furious82 » Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:50 am

I think it would be cool if you couldput together a couple of live chat rooms on the board. Then we wouldnt have to sit here and hit the "refresh" button to ee when somebody posts something. Just a thought.

Rich
Board Administrator

Post by Rich » Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:03 pm

On 2002-04-11 00:50, furious82 wrote:
I think it would be cool if you couldput together a couple of live chat rooms on the board. Then we wouldnt have to sit here and hit the "refresh" button to ee when somebody posts something. Just a thought.
Yeah, I've been trying to find a good free or cheap java one. Even with that ad up top this site doesn't near cover it's own costs, so it's tough to add decent stuff.

I'm still lookin

-Rich

ShhhCelicaSleeping
Celica Expert

Post by ShhhCelicaSleeping » Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:41 am

if we click that banner, do you get money for it? If so i think we should all start clicking it every time we log on, after all this is OUR site, its our own little place in the big street racing world...let us know Rich, Ill be happy to help in anyway shape or form.
Dear lord,I wanted to go fast,so you gave me a ST.Dear lord WHY ME?!Dear lord may I please just have a 3s-gte?Dear lord,I want to see my speedo go past 83,I just want to go fast again, for when Im hauling ass,Im actually happy.My prayer

SeanGTS
God Of All Things Celica

Post by SeanGTS » Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:10 pm

hey rich i really wouldnt mind sending in a small donation.

You should tell us your costs of this site. As long as the site keeps improving i dont think anyone would mind donating something (like 5 to ten dollars people come on now).

Sean

ShhhCelicaSleeping
Celica Expert

Post by ShhhCelicaSleeping » Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:00 pm

I have no problem donating....also guys...we can set up a MSN chat room for this site, not only for us but bring other new members to the forum
Dear lord,I wanted to go fast,so you gave me a ST.Dear lord WHY ME?!Dear lord may I please just have a 3s-gte?Dear lord,I want to see my speedo go past 83,I just want to go fast again, for when Im hauling ass,Im actually happy.My prayer

Rich
Board Administrator

Post by Rich » Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:45 pm

I don't get any money if you click the ad. They pay me a monthly fee for the banner.

I'm sure they'll keep advertising though if they get some sales through the site.

So, if you need any original toyota parts of TRD stuff, try and buy it through them. They have always been real friendly on the phone. . . .

As far as donations. . I'd feel guilty for even considering it. I've got soo many submitted pics and info from people that I haven't gotten around to putting up in the members section and all that other stuff.

Setting a few days aside, or handing it off to someone else isn't the solution. I really need to develop a script/system for people to add their own pics and stuff about their cars that keeps with the format of the existing member pages. The pages should not be done by hand. .

One of these weekends :) I keep telling myself that

-Rich

ShhhCelicaSleeping
Celica Expert

Post by ShhhCelicaSleeping » Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:38 am

Rich, We all know how busy you are. For one you work, then you work on the site, and post everyones shit. Working online and working at a place of business are very hard to do. Im always pressed for time. You shouldn't feel guilty for donations...Id much rather send you 5$ then spend it on a pack of ciggs. You keep this site up and help alot of us out. By you keeping this site up give alot of us a place to chill out online and post shit that only true Toyota fans can appreciate, and to me...that is priceless. Youve done a great thing for Celica owners. Thank you.

SeanGTS
God Of All Things Celica

Post by SeanGTS » Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:39 pm

Rich,

If you dont mind, you should still post your fees for the webspace and what not. You still keep this siting rolling no matter what you think, so i would really appreciate it if you would post your address and ill donate a little bit of doh for future improvments.